Swim Meet 101
Be a Good Swim Parent: Be Enthusiastic and Supportive! Show good sportsmanship at all times toward coaches, officials, opponents and teammates. Let the Coach do the Coaching! Your role is to provide love and support regardless of outcome. Encourage your child’s efforts and point out the positive. Let the coach be the one to critique your swimmer’s performance and technique. Have Fun! Let your child see you enjoy the camaraderie of the team.
Swim Meet Survival Tips for Parents
What to Bring:
- A copy of the heat sheet
- Highlighter for the heat sheets and a Sharpie pen to mark your swimmer
- B.Y.O.C. (Bring your own chair)
- $$$ for concession stand
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and bug spray
- Mark your swimmer before you get to the meet.
- Drink lots of water or sports drinks throughout the meet, it is important to stay hydrated in the heat.
- Protect yourself from the sun and bugs with your sunscreen, hat, sunglasses bug spray.
- Notify your swimmer(s) where you will be sitting and know where they are. They should be at the Ready Bench.
- Remind your child to listen to the Ready Bench Parents and stay with their age group. Ready Bench Parents will not have time to run around to locate missing swimmers!
- Locate the event board and remind your swimmer to keep an eye on the board for their upcoming events.
- Remind your swimmer to represent Hidden Forest Piranhas proudly and be on their best behavior.